2021 Yamaha Grizzly EPS XT-R
This XT‑R Edition is ready for extreme adventure with a factory‑installed WARN® Winch, Special Edition paint, color‑matched wheels and aggressive tread Maxxis® ‘Zilla tires.
Adventure Pro is an advanced adventure tool that allows Yamaha owners to explore further with even more capability and confidence, as well as share their experiences with friends and family.
2021 Yamaha Grizzly EPS XT-R
Adventure Ready Explorer
This XT-R Edition is ready for extreme adventure with a factory-installed WARN® Winch, Special Edition paint, color-matched wheels and aggressive tread Maxxis® ‘Zilla tires.
- Big Bore XT-R Grizzly: The Grizzly® EPS XT-R™ brings even more riding excitement thanks to its potent 700-class engine, high-quality chassis running 27-inch tires with aggressive tread, roomy ergonomics, advanced electronics and stylish XT-R edition painted bodywork.
- High-Performance Ultramatic® Transmission: Yamaha’s class-leading transmission combines immediate response with advanced features like natural, all-wheel engine braking for control and confidence. And, of course, the Ultramatic® is proven to be the most durable ATV transmission on the market.
- Trail-Ready Chassis: With plenty of ground clearance and adjustable suspension, the Grizzly EPS XT-R tackles rough terrain with ease. In addition to the long-travel shocks, the wide-arc A-arms and full-body skid plates ensure the Grizzly EPS XT-R is ready to keep going when you are.
- Yamaha’s Exclusive On-Command® 4WD: Unlike so many 4WD ATV systems on the market that put a computer in charge, the Yamaha On-Command® system keeps the rider in control with selectable 2WD, 4WD limited-slip and 4WD with diff lock modes to ensure the Grizzly EPS XT-R delivers power that meets the rider’s demands.
- Class-Leading Power Steering: Reduced fatigue, excellent control and trail feel all come standard with the Grizzly EPS XT-R’s best-in-industry, speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- XT-R Edition: The Grizzly EPS XT-R is the ultimate Yamaha ATV with enhanced terrain capability and confidence thanks to a factory-installed WARN® VRX 2500 winch, aluminum wheels and 27-inch Maxxis® ‘Zilla tires in matched front and rear sizes —all wrapped in high-quality painted bodywork and unique XT-R graphics.
2021 Yamaha Grizzly EPS XT-R
- High-Performance Ultramatic® Transmission: Grizzly EPS XT-R’s Ultramatic® transmission features a gated shifter, dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive plus reverse gear, and the most advanced—and durable—CVT drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch delivers natural all-wheel engine braking.
- Engine Built to Excite: For the trail rider looking for excitement in every ride, the ideal engine should balance big bore power with a strong midrange that gives immediate response. The Grizzly EPS XT-R features a potent 700-class engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character for recreational riding.
- Yamaha’s Exclusive On-Command® 4WD: The three-position On-Command® 4WD system lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD all with the simple push of a button. An override button allows engine to reach maximum rpm in full diff lock mode, and a straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints for reduced friction, noise, vibration and maintenance.
- High-Mounted Air Intakes: Tackle mud and water thanks to the Grizzly EPS XT-R’s high-mounted air intake layout. The design increases power and torque while providing additional room for on-board storage and easy tool-less servicing of the air filter. A separate intake tract reduces drive system temperatures and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case, too.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: To maintain clean-running performance for years, the Grizzly EPS XT-R uses a stainless steel exhaust system and features a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-Capacity Radiator: Slow-speed technical riding can place a lot of thermal demands on a liquid-cooled motor, so the Grizzly EPS XT-R features a high-capacity radiator with fan assist that delivers plenty of air flow for maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- 27-inch XT-R Tire Package: For deep mud, scree slopes and any other poor traction terrain out there, the Grizzle EPS XT-R comes ready to climb with big 27-inch Maxxis® ‘Zilla tires mounted on strong and lightweight aluminum rims. The ‘Zilla tires use dual-compound sidewalls and an extra-tough carcass construction to handle anything you can throw at them, and with matched front and rear tire sizing, replacement on the trail is simplified.
- Four-Wheel Hydraulic Disc Brakes: Powerful and consistent braking comes standard on every Grizzly EPS XT-R thanks to four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes with unmatched braking feel.
- Terrain-Tackling Ground Clearance: To handle nearly any terrain with ease, the Grizzly EPS XT-R offers an impressive 11.8-inches of maximum ground clearance and full-length composite skid plates for maximum underbelly protection.
- Adventure Pro-Ready: The Grizzly EPS XT-R comes pre-wired for Yamaha’s exclusive Adventure Pro® GPS system, unlocking the next level of trail-ready navigation. This state-of-the-art GPS unit combines a range of functions into a single, rugged 7-inch full-color display. Search, download, record and share trail routes. Challenge your friends to time trials on saved courses. With Yamaha’s uniquely integrated software, the Adventure Pro system displays advanced vehicle data with exceptional clarity.
- Advanced Independent Suspension: Independent double wishbone suspension, with 7.6″ of front wheel travel and 9.1″ at the rear, provides excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails, thanks to nitrogen-charged shocks with 5-way adjustable preload.
- Class-Leading Power Steering: Minimize fatigue and attack every corner with Yamaha’s Electric Power Steering (EPS), the industry’s best balance of electric steering assist and positive trail feedback.
- Underseat Fuel Tank: A generous 4.76-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling.
- Plush Saddle: With plenty of room for the rider to move during riding, a long, plush seat improves rider comfort for extended days exploring any trail.
- Thorough Instrument Package: The Grizzly EPS XT-R features an instrument cluster with large all-LCD readouts for visibility. When paired with Yamaha’s Adventure Pro GPS system, even more data is available for the rider, presented across crystal-clear full-color display.
- 10-Year-Belt Warranty: The Grizzly EPS XT-R transmission uses its own cooling intake to maintain proper temperatures, an oversized belt to handle the torque of the large motor and Yamaha’s unique sprag clutch to maintain constant belt tension. The end result is a drivetrain built for years of trouble-free service that leaves the competition in the dust and is backed by the industry’s only 10-Year V-Belt Limited Warranty.
- Aggressive and Durable Styling: Rugged composite front bumper resists scratching and won’t rust while injection-molded fenders and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
- LED Headlights and Taillight: LED technology uses less power, creates brighter, sharper illumination and offers lifetime durability. A handlebar-mounted halogen work light provides additional illumination that moves with rider input for excellent visibility.
- Ready for Accessories: The Grizzly EPS XT-R was engineered in concert with a range of accessories for perfect fit and function, for nearly every type of ride you can find. With a standard 12V power point, you can keep devices charged, too.
- Extensive Cargo Capacity: Rugged, large-diameter steel cargo racks with durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 308 pounds combined (110 lbs. front, 198 lbs. rear). Three on-board storage compartments keep things secure.
- Work-Ready Tow Capacity: Center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver comes standard on the Grizzly EPS XT-R and can tow more than 1,300 pounds.
- Built Real World Tough®, Assembled in the USA: As with other Yamaha ATVs and Side-by-Sides, the Grizzly EPS XT-R is assembled in the USA to meet Yamaha’s exacting standards for durability and reliability.
- Engine Type: 686cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-stroke
- Bore x Stroke: 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Final Drive: On-Command 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.6 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar; 5-way preload adjustment, 9.1 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Dual hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: AT27 x 10-14 Maxxis® ‘Zilla MU01
- Tires / Rear: AT27 x 10-14 Maxxis® ‘Zilla MU01
- L x W x H: 81.5 in. x 49.2 in. x 50.0 in.
- Seat Height: 36.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Turning Radius: 146.0 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 11.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Wet Weight: 783 lb.
- Rack Capacity: 110 lb. (front) / 198 lb. (rear)
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty) – 10-Year V-Belt Limited Warranty